Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Book-a-Day Project

As I have been spending far too much time on blogs this summer, I came across Donalyn Miller's blog through Education Teacher Weekly.  She has a great post called Book-A-Day and made a wonderful suggestion for reading a book a day throughout the entire summer.  But this got me thinking, why not read a book a day for the whole year.  This will mean that I most likely won't be reading too many chapter books, but would be spending more of my time diving into possible mentor texts.  I'm going to keep my eyes open for books to be used in all subject areas, not just reading and writing.  Why I'm starting today, July 23, is beyond me and we'll see how this goes with 3 kids under the age of 4 in my house, but it will be fun to look back and see what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment